White Sands Resort provides self-contained accommodation at Iron House Point on Tasmania’s scenic East Coast. The beachfront property is located between St Helens and Bicheno.
Choose from standard or deluxe rooms in two or three-bedroom villas. Standard villas have a fully-equipped kitchen, spacious living area and balconies to enjoy sweeping views. Deluxe villas have luxurious furnishings and fully-equipped kitchen including a dishwasher. A large deck with outdoor setting is ideal for enjoying a family barbecue. The 80-hectare (200 acre) property also has a five-bedroom lodge and fully licensed restaurant.
Spend the day relaxing on the private, secluded beach or book a fishing charter and enjoy excellent coastal fishing. If you are keen to catch a trout, hire a rod and try your luck in the well-stocked trout lake. Children can enjoy swimming in the White Sands Resort pool or taking a canoe out onto the lake. Enjoy fine Tasmanian cuisine at the resort’s restaurant and bar. Dine alfresco style on a large deck overlooking the stunning coastline. White Sands Resort is within easy driving distance to Wineglass Bay at Freycinet National Park, Douglas Apsley National Park, Maria Island and Bicheno.
- Le blanc Fine Dining, serving you exceptional Tasmanian cuisine each evening.
- Brewhaus Cafe and Bar, offering casual dining, drinks and entertainment open from breakfast until late (opening Sep 2010)
- Ironhouse Brewery, an award winning microbrewery using natural Tasmanain ingredients and our own spring water. Sit at the bar and watch the brewer mash in or ask about our behind the scenes tour.
- Providore, along with our own Ironhouse Beers, and white sands produce we offer you the choice of Tasmania's best food and wine as well as gift lines.
- Beachfront conference centre, allows us to cater for up to 200 delegates. Weddings are our specialty.
- Oceanview self contained villas, 4 stars or 3.5 stars.
- Cinema, tennis courts, basketball court, trout lake and canoe lake
- Outdoor swimming pool, Games room, (opening Dec 2010)
- Secluded Beach and private boat ramp
- Closest land point to continental shelf- bring your boat to experience uncrowded fishing
Iron House Point is an easy 1.5 hours’ drive from Launceston.