Clarendon is a National Trust property located near Evandale in northern Tasmania.
Set in seven hectares on the banks of the South Esk River, Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands which can be explored. The grand colonial house, built in 1838, is beautifully designed with grand hallways and grand Roman columns at the entrance.
Wander the property, where back in the nineteenth century, convict labour ensured the farmland remained well-watered and fertile.
The Menzies Restaurant and tearooms in the conservatory are open daily during house hours for meals and refreshments. Cottages provide on-site colonial accommodation.
Clarendon is around 25 minutes' drive (27 kilometres/17 miles) from Launceston, south of Evandale along the C416 road.